Fixture: Somerset vs Nottinghamshire, 1st Quarter-Final
Time: 10:00 AM GMT/ 11:00 AM Local/ June 13
Venue: The Cooper Associates County Ground, Taunton
Weather and Pitch Report
Weather: Few scattered showers are expected during the middle but that is not likely to affect the outcome of the match. The sky is expected to stay partly cloudy.
Pitch Report: The pitch at the Cooper County Ground was batting friendly in the past matches of Royal Cup. Expect the same type of pitch again but the overcast conditions might aid the fast bowlers during the game.
Probable Playing XI: (In the Batting order)
Somerset: Johann Myburgh, Jim Allenby (c), Peter Trego, Dean Elgar, Steven Davies (wk), Adam Hose, Roelof van der Merwe, Jamie Overton, Craig Overton, Tim Groenewald, Max Waller/Josh Davey.
Nottinghamshire: Michael Lumb, Riki Wessels, Samit Patel, Brendan Taylor, Steven Mullaney, Billy Root, Chris Read(wk/c), James Pattinson, Stuart Broad, Luke Fletcher/Luke Wood, Harry Gurney.
- At the options where players are separated by slash ‘/’, the first player mentioned is the more likely to play.
My Dream11 Pick
Dream11 Tips for this Match
- One very important tip – Johann Myburgh and Steven Mullaney are selected by very few peoples. So, if you want to go with very fewer risks, you can change them and pick others. However, they are great picks if they fire tomorrow. Myburgh is an aggressive opener while Mullaney bats at number five and can pick 1-2 wickets with his medium pace.
- The team I have suggested may not win surely, so try making at least 2-3 teams and include few players that I have missed in ‘My Dream11 pick’.
- Include Roelof van der Merwe, Brendan Taylor, Billy Root, and Riki Wessels in other teams. Among bowlers – Stuart Broad, Harry Gurney, and Tim Groenewald are also good options.
Captain and Vice-Captain Choices
- Dean Elgar, Samit Patel, Jim Allenby, and Roelof van der Merwe are top my picks for captain and vice-captain (written in the decreasing order of my priority).
- There are more options but they can be risky. Like Michael Lumb, Peter Trego, and Riki Wessels. Can score 100-150 on their day or may get out on a very low score. Not very reliable options.
- Teams will be selected from these players only. Dream11 has quite a long list of players. Not all of them are available for tomorrow’s match. A 14-players squad is declared by both team management for this match.
Somerset: Johann Myburgh, Jim Allenby (c), Peter Trego, Dean Elgar, Steven Davies (wk), Adam Hose, Roelof van der Merwe, Craig Overton, Jamie Overton, Tim Groenewald, Max Waller, Josh Davey, James Hildreth, Lewis Gregory.
Nottinghamshire: Michael Lumb, Riki Wessels, Samit Patel, Brendan Taylor, Billy Root, Steven Mullaney, Chris Read (wk/c), James Pattinson, Stuart Broad, Harry Gurney, Luke Fletcher, Luke Wood, Greg Smith, Brett Hutton.