Weather and Pitch Report
Weather: The weather is expected to stay sunny and sometimes partly cloudy. No showers are expected during this match. Maximum temperature is expected to be around 23°C.
Pitch Report: For this match, the same pitch will be used that was used in Pakistan vs Sri Lanka match. The pitch was dry and on a little slower side in that match. However, there are options that can change the behavior of the pitch such as leaving a little moisture on the pitch or cutting off the grass. So, what will be the nature of the pitch can be said only tomorrow after having a look at the pitch.
In the three match played on this pitch in the series, batsmen have struggled to get going and if the pitch is of same nature again, it could turn out to be a low-scoring game with both teams having quality bowling options.
- Eoin Morgan hinted that they might play Jonny Bairstow in place of Jason Roy. If practice sessions are anything to go by, Jonny Bairstow will definitely be playing where he batted for the most part while Jason Roy fielded on the boundary.
- Also, they might look at their opening bowling combination. Steven Finn or David Willey can be brought in for Jake Ball.
- Rest of the line-up is expected to remain the same that played in the last match.
- When asked about the possible changes, Pakistan team coach Mickey Arthur said that they will discuss the possible changes later in the team meeting.
- Among the possible changes, Mohammad Hafeez seems to be the likely one to be dropped. Haris Sohail or Ahmad Shehzad could come in for his place.
- Second would be Fahim Ashraf. If Hafeez is dropped, Shadab Khan can be brought in for Fahim Ashraf to have enough spin options in the line-up.
Probable Playing XI: (In the Batting order)
England: Alex Hales, Jonny Bairstow/Jason Roy, Joe Root, Eoin Morgan (c), Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler (wk), Moeen Ali, Adil Rashid, Liam Plunkett, Mark Wood, Jake Ball.
Pakistan: Azhar Ali, Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam, Mohammad Hafeez/Haris Sohail, Shoaib Malik, Sarfraz Ahmed (c, wk), Imad Wasim, Mohammad Amir, Fahim Ashraf/Shadab Khan, Hasan Ali, Junaid Khan.
- At the options where players are separated by slash ‘/’, the first player mentioned is more likely to play.
My Dream11 pick
- In place of Alex Hales, Azhar Ali and Jonny Bairstow are also good options.
Dream11 Tips for this Match
- The team I have suggested may not win surely, so try making at least 2-3 teams and include few players that I have missed in ‘My Dream11 pick’.
- Include Azhar Ali, Jonny Bairstow, Babar Azam, Jos Buttler, Shoaib Malik, and Moeen Ali in some of your other teams. Among bowlers, Mohammad Amir and Liam Plunkett are also good options.
Captain and Vice-Captain Choices
- Joe Root, Ben Stokes, Eoin Morgan, Azhar Ali, and Fakhar Zaman are my top picks for captain and vice-captain (written in the decreasing order of my priority).
At last, any kind of suggestion is welcomed. If you want more information about anything related to match, playing XI, or Dream11, feel free to message us in the ‘contact us’ section or leave a comment below. Your suggestions are very valuable.
England: Jason Roy, Alex Hales, Joe Root, Eoin Morgan (c), Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler (wk), Moeen Ali, Adil Rashid, Liam Plunkett, Mark Wood, Jake Ball, David Willey, Jonny Bairstow, Sam Billings, Steven Finn.
Pakistan: Ahmed Shehzad, Azhar Ali, Babar Azam, Mohammad Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, Sarfraz Ahmed (c, wk), Shadab Khan, Fahim Ashraf, Imad Wasim, Hasan Ali, Mohammad Amir, Fakhar Zaman, Junaid Khan, Haris Sohail, Rumman Raees.