Weather and Pitch Report
Weather: There are very minor chances of rain during the match. A partly cloudy weather and the maximum temperature is expected to be around 21°C. A full game is on the cards.
Pitch Report: Four matches have been played here so far in the series and the first innings score reads as 305, 299, 182 and 321. The pitch has been a decent one for batting so far and the game is likely to be played on the same strip that was used in the last match. The pitch might play a little slow as it has been used already.
- When asked about team combination, Virat Kohli in the pre-match conference said “Any combination is possible. We will not reveal it before the match”. Going by his words, there may be one or two changes in the line-up.
- India will be surely looking for five specialist bowlers and six batsmen after their last match performance.
- They might bring in Ashwin in place of Jadeja after the latter got some hammering in the last match.
- Another possible change is bringing in Mohammad Shami in place of Umesh Yadav or Hardik Pandya. The Indian batting line-up looks strong enough without Pandya so he might be the likely omission.
- Their top-order batting failed big time in the match against Pakistan but still expect them to go with same top six.
- Among the bowlers, Andile Phehlukwayo is likely to be brought in place of Wayne Parnell as he went wicket-less in the first two games.
Probable Playing XI: (In the Batting order)
India: Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli (c), Yuvraj Singh, MS Dhoni (wk), Kedar Jadhav, Ravichandran Ashwin/Ravindra Jadeja, Mohammad Shami/Hardik Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Umesh Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah.
Or, here is another possibility: (go with the first team though)
India (team 2): Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli (c), Yuvraj Singh, MS Dhoni (wk), Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Mohammad Shami, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah.
South Africa: Hashim Amla, Quinton de Kock (wk), Faf du Plessis, AB de Villiers (c), David Miller, Jean-Paul Duminy, Chris Morris, Andile Phehlukwayo/Wayne Parnell, Kagiso Rabada, Imran Tahir, Morne Morkel.
My Dream11 pick
I have picked two teams as these two teams have some great batsman who can fire on any given day and one team can never cover them.
Dream11 Tips for this Match
- The team I have suggested may not win surely, so try making at least 2-3 teams and include few players that I have missed in ‘My Dream11 pick’.
- I have still missed MS Dhoni, Imran Tahir, David Miller, and Jasprit Bumrah. So, if you are making more teams, do include them in other teams.
Captain and Vice-Captain Choices
- Virat Kohli, Faf du Plessis, Shikhar Dhawan, Quinton de Kock, and Hashim Amla are my picks for captain and vice-captain (written in the decreasing order of my priority).
At last, any kind of suggestion is welcomed. If you want more information about anything related to match, playing XI, or Dream11, feel free to message us in the ‘contact us’ section or leave a comment below. Your suggestions are very valuable.
India: Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli (c), Yuvraj Singh, Mohammed Shami, Kedar Jadhav, MS Dhoni (wk), Hardik Pandya, Ravichandran Ashwin, Jasprit Bumrah, Ravindra Jadeja, Umesh Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Ajinkya Rahane, Dinesh Karthik.
South Africa: Hashim Amla, Quinton de Kock (wk), Faf du Plessis, AB de Villiers (c), Jean-Paul Duminy, David Miller, Chris Morris, Wayne Parnell, Andile Phehlukwayo, Kagiso Rabada, Imran Tahir, Dwaine Pretorius, Keshav Maharaj, Farhaan Behardien, Morne Morkel.