Match and Pitch Report
Weather: The first innings in tomorrow’s match is likely to to be played without interruption of rain. There is rain predicted during the 2nd innings so the game might be decided by Duckworth-Lewis. Maximum temperature is expected to be around 17°C. The good news is that game is likely to have an outcome.
Pitch Report: In the two matches played here, New Zealand scored 291 in 45 overs and India scored 319 in 48 overs batting first. The pitch is batting friendly here with not much help for the bowlers. Expect South Africa to go 300+ if they bat first. Pakistan batting line-up is very unreliable so they might score anywhere between 200-300 but can’t be said much.
- Having won the match against Sri Lanka comfortably, they wouldn’t be worrying much about the line-up.
- The only change in the line-up could be Wayne Parnell making way for Andile Phehlukwayo. Parnell conceded 45 runs in his first spell of five overs but made amends in the 2nd spell by conceding only nine runs in remaining five overs to finish with figures of 10-0-54-0.
- Wahab Riaz is ruled out of the tournament and Rumman Raees has been named as his replacement.
- In the pre-match press conference, Sarfaraz already told the about the team combination and said that Fakhar Zaman will be opening along with Azhar Ali in place of Ahmed Shahzad and Junaid Khan will get the chance in place of injured Wahab Riaz.
- So, as he said only two changes, no further changes can be expected.
Probable Playing XI: (In the Batting order)
South Africa: Hashim Amla, Quinton de Kock (wk), Faf du Plessis, AB de Villiers (c), Jean-Paul Duminy, David Miller, Chris Morris, Wayne Parnell, Kagiso Rabada, Imran Tahir, Morne Morkel.
Pakistan: Fakhar Zaman, Azhar Ali, Babar Azam, Mohammad Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, Sarfraz Ahmed (c, wk), Imad Wasim, Shadab Khan, Hasan Ali, Mohammad Amir, Junaid Khan.
- At the options where players are separated by slash ‘/’, the first player mentioned is more likely to play.
Dream11 Tips for this Match
- The team I have suggested may not win surely, so try making at least 2-3 teams and include few players that I have missed in ‘My Dream11 pick’.
- Include Babar Azam, Imran Tahir, Mohammad Hafeez, Fakhar Zaman, and Morne Morkel in other teams. (not all of them in the same team).
Captain and Vice-Captain Choices
- Top-four South African batsman are in great form so Hashim Amla, AB de Villiers, Quinton de Kock, and Faf du Plessis are my picks for captain and vice-captain (written in the decreasing order of my priority).
- From the Pakistan team, I would go with Mohammad Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, Babar Azam, and Azhar Ali. Making them captain would be risky so I would go with the captain from South Africa and the vice-captain from Pakistan.
- In fact, in some teams, I would prefer both captain and vice-captain from the South African team.
At last, any kind of suggestion is welcomed. If you want more information about anything related to playing XI, match info or Dream11, feel free to message us in the ‘contact us’ section or leave a comment below. Your suggestions are very valuable.
My Dream11 pick
South Africa: Hashim Amla, Quinton de Kock (wk), Faf du Plessis, AB de Villiers (c), Jean-Paul Duminy, David Miller, Chris Morris, Wayne Parnell, Andile Phehlukwayo, Kagiso Rabada, Imran Tahir, Dwaine Pretorius, Keshav Maharaj, Farhaan Behardien, Morne Morkel.
Pakistan: Ahmed Shehzad, Azhar Ali, Babar Azam, Mohammad Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, Sarfraz Ahmed (c, wk), Shadab Khan, Fahim Ashraf, Imad Wasim, Hasan Ali, Mohammad Amir, Fakhar Zaman, Junaid Khan, Haris Sohail, Rumman Raees.