Match and Pitch Condition
Weather: The match doesn’t seem to be possible without interruption of rain. That said, the chances of rain is not as threatening as the last match. So, a game is possible with Duckworth-Lewis likely to come into play. Cloudy weather is expected and temperature going up to 16°C (61 F).
Pitch Report: The covers at Sophia Garden have been on since Sunday evening so a lot of moisture can be expected in the pitch. The pitch is expected to help bowlers due to the weather condition. However, it has been a decent batting pitch in the past. In this year’s Royal Cup, 286 was the average first inning score in the three matches played here.
- Chris Woakes has been ruled out of the tournament due to injury. Steven Finn has been called as his replacement.
- Adil Rashid is likely to be brought in for this match after he was benched in the first match.
- Jake Ball is likely to make way for David Willey or Steven Finn as he conceded 82 runs from his quota of 10 overs in the first match.
- In their first game, lower middle order failed to capitalize on the platform set by the top order. Broom, Neesham, Anderson, and Santner made a combined total of 36 runs. However, Blackcaps management is likely to show their faith in the same line-up again.
- Among the bowlers, only three of them got the chance to bowl as the game got washed out. So, that’s likely to remain unchanged.
- However, if the pitch is likely to assist slow bowlers, they might bring in Jeetan Patel in place of Corey Anderson or James Neesham.
Probable Playing XI: (In the Batting order)
England: Jason Roy, Alex Hales, Joe Root, Eoin Morgan (c), Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler (wk), Moeen Ali, Adil Rashid, David Willey/Steven Finn, Liam Plunkett, Mark Wood.
New Zealand: Martin Guptill, Luke Ronchi (wk), Kane Williamson (c), Ross Taylor, Neil Broom, Corey Anderson, James Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Adam Milne, Tim Southee, Trent Boult.
- At the options where players are separated by slash ‘/’, the first player mentioned is the more likely to play.
Dream11 Tips for this Match
- The team I have suggested may not win surely, so try making at least 2-3 teams and include few players that I have missed in ‘My Dream11 pick’.
- Include Ross Taylor, Corey Anderson, Mark Wood, Trent Boult, Mitchell Santner and Jos Buttler in your other teams (first, check out my team). In fact, you can’t rule out any of the New Zealand players. All of them are in good form.
- Selecting XI players from these two team are toughest. All of them are in decent form and can perform at any point. Still, I tried my best to pick the XI. Hope it’s good!
Captain and Vice-Captain Choices
- Joe Root, Kane Williamson, Ben Stokes, Eoin Morgan, Alex Hales, and Martin Guptill are my top picks for captain and vice-captain. (written in the decreasing order of my choice).
At last, any kind of suggestion is welcomed. If you want more information about anything related to playing XI, match info or Dream11, feel free to message us in the ‘contact us’ section. Your suggestions are very valuable.
My Dream11 pick
England: Jason Roy, Alex Hales, Joe Root, Eoin Morgan (c), Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler (wk), Moeen Ali, Adil Rashid, Liam Plunkett, Mark Wood, Jake Ball, David Willey, Jonny Bairstow, Sam Billings, Steven Finn.
New Zealand: Martin Guptill, Tom Latham, Kane Williamson (c), Ross Taylor, Mitchell McClenaghan, Corey Anderson, Trent Boult, James Neesham, Neil Broom, Tim Southee, Mitchell Santner, Jeetan Patel, Luke Ronchi (wk), Adam Milne, Colin de Grandhomme.