Weather and Pitch Report
Weather: Weather looks very promising today. A full game is on the cards and the sky is expected to stay partly cloudy. The temperature is expected to be around 26°C (79 F) during the match.
Pitch Report: In both T20 matches, the pitch was fast bowler friendly and same kind of pitch is expected again. West Indies have bowled out Afghanistan both times with pacers taking the majority of the wicket.
- West Indies coach hinted that they might play uncapped Ronsford Beaton in this match. A spinner seems to be likely omission as pacers have performed well. Or maybe any other bowler may miss out, this can’t be said for sure.
- He also said that they will continue to give Rovman Powell more chance as he has traveled with the team a lot lately and got very few chances. So, no further changes are expected.
- They might make a few changes again as they have been poor with both bat and ball.
- For the wicket-keeper spot, Afsar Zazai is likely to get the chance in place of Shafiqullah Shafiq.
- They might leave out Samiullah Shenwari and play Najibullah Zadran in the top order and include a fast bowler or another batsman in place of him.
- They are also expected to bring in Fareed Ahmed or Naveen-ul-Haq in place of Dawlat Zadran for the fast bowling spot.
Probable Playing XI: (In the Batting order)
West Indies: Chadwick Walton (wk), Evin Lewis, Marlon Samuels, Lendl Simmons, Jason Mohammed, Rovman Powell, Carlos Brathwaite (c), Samuel Badree/Sunil Narine, Kesrick Williams, Ronsford Beaton, Jerome Taylor.
Afghanistan: Noor Ali Zadran, Gulbadin Naib, Asghar Stanikzai (c), Samiullah Shenwari, Mohammad Nabi, Karim Janat, Najibullah Zadran, Afzar Zazai (wk)/Shafiqullah Shafiq, Rashid Khan, Amir Hamza, Fareed Ahmed/Naveen-ul-Haq.
- At the options where players are separated by slash ‘/’, the first player mentioned is the more likely to play.
Dream11 Tips for this Match
- The team I have suggested may not win surely, so try making at least 2-3 teams and include few players that I have missed in ‘My Dream11 pick’.
- Include Marlon Samuels, Ronsford Beaton, Asghar Stanikzai and Noor Ali Zadran in other teams (Don’t include all of them on the same team. Make 2-3 changes from the previous team).
Captain and Vice-Captain Choices
- Carlos Brathwaite, Kesrick Williams, Karim Janat, and Rashid Khan are my top picks for captain and vice-captain. (written in the decreasing order of my choice).
- Other options – Marlon Samuels, Chadwick Walton, Evin Lewis.
- Sunil Narine is also a good choice but there is no surety if he will play.
At last, any kind of suggestion is welcomed. If you want more information about anything related to playing XI, match info or Dream11, feel free to message us in the ‘contact us’ section. Your suggestions are very valuable.
My Dream11 pick
West Indies: Chadwick Walton (wk), Evin Lewis, Marlon Samuels, Lendl Simmons, Jason Mohammed, Kieron Pollard, Carlos Brathwaite (c), Samuel Badree, Sunil Narine, Kesrick Williams, Ronsford Beaton, Jerome Taylor, Rovman Powell.
Afghanistan: Usman Ghani, Noor Ali Zadran, Asghar Stanikzai (c), Samiullah Shenwari, Shafiqullah Shafiq (wk), Mohammad Nabi, Rashid Khan, Dawlat Zadran, Fareed Ahmad, Najibullah Zadran, Gulbadin Naib, Javed Ahmadi, Karim Janat, Shapoor Zadran, Amir Hamza, Afzar Zazai (wk), Naveen-ul-Haq, Sharafuddin Ashraf.