Match and Pitch Report
Weather: There are chances of shower in the middle hours of the match. So, Duckworth-Lewis is very likely to come into play. Maximum temperature is expected to be around 17°C (63 F). Scattered clouds are expected throughout the match.
Pitch Report: In the last match here, New Zealand scored 291 in 45 overs and Australian pacer Hazlewood picked up six wickets but sadly match couldn’t be completed because of rain. So, another high scoring game can be expected and fast bowlers are expected to come into play as the conditions, especially the weather, will be assisting them.
They need to answer a lot of questions going into tomorrow’s clash.
- Karthik or Yuvraj? There is no clarity about Yuvraj SIngh’s fitness. However if he is fit, he is likely to feature in the playing XI else Dinesh Karthik will get to bat at number four.
- The second question will be whether to play Ashwin or Jadeja or play both? The conditions at Edgbaston does not encourage to play two spinners so they are likely to go with either one of them.
- Hardik Pandya at seven or a specialist bowler? Pandya wasn’t very effective in the practice matches with the ball. However, his performance with the bat is likely to get him the game.
- The fast bowling options: Umesh Yadav, Mohammad Shami, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, and Jasprit Bumrah. They have to choose three and leaving any one of them out will be a tough decision to make. Umesh Yadav seems to be the likely one who may miss out.
- They have gone in with a definite twelve ruling out Fakhar Zaman, Junaid Khan, and Haris Sohail for tomorrow’s match. So, the choices are pretty clear now.
- They are expected to play only one spinner, as they have two more spinners in the lineup – Mohammad Hafeez and Shoaib Malik. So, either Imad Wasim or Shadab Khan is expected to miss out.
Probable Playing XI: (In the Batting order)
India: Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli (c), Dinesh Karthik/Yuvraj Singh, MS Dhoni (wk), Kedar Jadhav, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja/Ravichandran Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah/Umesh Yadav.
Pakistan: Ahmed Shehzad, Azhar Ali, Babar Azam, Mohammad Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, Sarfraz Ahmed (c, wk), Fahim Ashraf, Shadab Khan/Imad Wasim, Wahab Riaz, Hasan Ali, Mohammad Amir.
- At the options where players are separated by slash ‘/’, the first player mentioned is more likely to play.
Dream11 Tips for this Match
- The team I have suggested may not win surely, so try making at least 2-3 teams and include few players that I have missed in ‘My Dream11 pick’.
- Since there is a lot of chance of rain so the team batting first is likely to bat more overs and opposition will get more overs to bowl. So, pick more batsman from one and more bowlers from the other. Like when picking 3-4 batsman from India, pick 2-3 bowlers from Pakistan and vice-versa. However, this trick might not work every time as you never know who will get how many overs in rain affected match.
- Other players who can be great pick (who are not in ‘My Dream11 pick’): Rohit Sharma, Azhar Ali, Mohammad Shami, Ravindra Jadeja, Dinesh Karthik.
Captain and Vice-Captain Choices
- Virat Kohli, Babar Azam, Shikhar Dhawan, Shoaib Malik, Mohammad Hafeez are my picks for captain and vice-captain (written in the decreasing order of my choice).
- Wild cards: Dinesh Karthik (Although not sure if he will play), Fahim Ashraf (may not be fit for captain but he is a great all-rounder).
At last, any kind of suggestion is welcomed. If you want more information about anything related to playing XI, match info or Dream11, feel free to message us in the ‘contact us’ section or leave a comment below. Your suggestions are very valuable.
My Dream11 pick
India: Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli (c), Yuvraj Singh, Mohammed Shami, Kedar Jadhav, MS Dhoni (wk), Hardik Pandya, Ravichandran Ashwin, Jasprit Bumrah, Ravindra Jadeja, Umesh Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Ajinkya Rahane, Dinesh Karthik.
Pakistan: Ahmed Shehzad, Azhar Ali, Babar Azam, Mohammad Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, Sarfraz Ahmed (c, wk), Shadab Khan, Fahim Ashraf, Imad Wasim, Hasan Ali, Mohammad Amir, Wahab Riaz, Fakhar Zaman, Junaid Khan, Haris Sohail.