Weather and Pitch Report
Weather: The sky is expected to be partly Cloudy with very minor chances of rain during the match. The temperature is expected to be around 27°C (81 F) during the match.
Pitch Report: In the last match, West Indies bowlers were on a roll and would have bundled Afghanistan for 60-70 had it not been for late hitting from Rashid Khan and Amir Hamza who helped them post 110.
A slow pitch is expected again and both spinners and pacers are expected to come into play.
- Kieron Pollard missed the last game due to the flu and if he is fit, he will come in for Rovman Powell.
- They might also look to bring in Ronsford Beaton in place of Jerome Taylor who conceded 38 runs from his quota of 4 overs while the other bowlers conceded 65 runs from the rest 16 overs.
- After a poor performance from bat, they are expected to tinker with their batting line-up.
- Noor Ali Zadran might come in for Usman Ghani or Gulbadin Naib for the opening slot. The other option is they might drop Samiullah Shenwari and keep both the opening batsman.
- Among the bowlers, Shapoor Zadran might lose his place to Dawlat Zadran.
Probable Playing XI: (In the Batting order)
West Indies: Chadwick Walton (wk), Evin Lewis, Marlon Samuels, Lendl Simmons, Jason Mohammed, Rovman Powell/Kieron Pollard, Carlos Brathwaite (c), Sunil Narine, Samuel Badree, Kesrick Williams, Ronsford Beaton/Jerome Taylor.
Afghanistan: Noor Ali Zadran/Usman Ghani, Gulbadin Naib, Asghar Stanikzai (c), Karim Janat, Samiullah Shenwari, Mohammad Nabi, Najibullah Zadran, Shafiqullah Shafiq (wk), Rashid Khan, Shapoor Zadran/Dawlat Zadran, Amir Hamza.
- At the options where players are separated by slash ‘/’, the first player mentioned is the more likely to play.
Dream11 Tips for this Match
- The team I have suggested may not win surely, so try making at least 2-3 teams and include few players that I have missed in ‘My Dream11 pick’.
- Include Lendl Simmons, Gulbadin Naib, Samuel Badree, and Najibullah Zardan in other teams (Don’t include all of them in the same team. Make 2-3 changes from the previous team).
- Kieron Pollard can also be included but he’s risky one as it is not sure if he will play or not.
Captain and Vice-Captain Choices
- Carlos Brathwaite, Rashid Khan, Sunil Narine, and Mohammad Nabi are my top picks for captain and vice-captain. (written in the decreasing order of my choice).
- Other options – Marlon Samuels, Chadwick Walton, Kesrick Williams, Evin Lewis.
- Wild Cards: Gulbadin Naib – an all-rounder who opens the inning. Karim Janat – Another all-rounder who plays in middle order.
At last, any kind of suggestion is welcomed. If you want more information about anything related to playing XI, match info or Dream11, feel free to message us in the ‘contact us’ section. Your suggestions are very valuable.
My Dream11 pick
West Indies: Chadwick Walton (wk), Evin Lewis, Marlon Samuels, Lendl Simmons, Jason Mohammed, Kieron Pollard, Carlos Brathwaite (c), Samuel Badree, Sunil Narine, Kesrick Williams, Ronsford Beaton, Jerome Taylor, Rovman Powell.
Afghanistan: Usman Ghani, Noor Ali Zadran, Asghar Stanikzai (c), Samiullah Shenwari, Shafiqullah Shafiq (wk), Mohammad Nabi, Rashid Khan, Dawlat Zadran, Fareed Ahmad, Najibullah Zadran, Gulbadin Naib, Javed Ahmadi, Karim Janat, Shapoor Zadran, Amir Hamza.