Match and Pitch Condition
Weather: There is a very little chance of showers during the match so a full game is expected. The sky is expected to stay partially cloudy with maximum temperature around 21°C (70 F).
Pitch Report: In the last match here, Bangladesh scored 305 batting first and England chased it down with 8 wickets in hand and 16 balls remaining. That pretty much tells the nature of the pitch. Another high scoring game can be expected tomorrow.
- They will have worries about their batting performance in the recent ODIs against England.
- Their top 6 seems to be settled and no changes are expected in the batting line-up.
- However, in the bowling department, they have a few tough calls to make as who will be the other two pacers along with Rabada and Morris.
- There is still no clarity whether Angelo Matthews is fit to play tomorrow or not. He will be going through fitness test tomorrow morning. If he is unfit, Kusal Parera is likely to play in his place. In his absence, Upul Tharanga will lead the team.
- Among the spinners, one of Seekkuge Prasanna or Lakshan Sandakan will get the game. Seekkuge Prasanna holds the edge slightly ahead because of his all-round abilities.
- The other two fast bowlers along with Malinga will be decided from the trio of Nuwan Kulasekara, Nuwan Pradeep, and Suranga Lakmal.
Probable Playing XI: (In the Batting order)
South Africa: Hashim Amla, Quinton de Kock (wk), Faf du Plessis, AB de Villiers (c), Jean-Paul Duminy, David Miller, Chris Morris, Wayne Parnell, Kagiso Rabada, Imran Tahir, Morne Morkel/Andile Phehlukwayo.
Sri Lanka: Upul Tharanga, Niroshan Dickwella (wk), Kusal Mendis, Dinesh Chandimal, Asela Gunaratne, Kusal Parera/Angelo Mathews (c), Thisara Perera, Seekkuge Prasanna/ Lakshan Sandakan, Nuwan Kulasekara, Nuwan Pradeep/Suranga Lakmal, Lasith Malinga.
- At the options where players are separated by slash ‘/’, the first player mentioned is the more likely to play.
Dream11 Tips for this Match
- The team I have suggested may not win surely, so try making at least 2-3 teams and include few players that I have missed in ‘My Dream11 pick’.
- Include Faf du Plessis, Niroshan Dickella, Thisara Parera, Chris Morris, David Miller, Imran Tahir in other teams (not necessarily all of them).
- Wild cards: Seekkuge Prasanna – wicket taker, hard hitter, selected by 7% only. Niroshan Dickwella – opener, can bat long, could be a great pick in case Quinton de Kock fails.
Captain and Vice-Captain Choices
- Quinton de Kock, AB de Villiers, Hashim Amla, Upul Tharanga, Asela Gunaratne are my picks for captain and vice-captain (written in the decreasing order of my choice).
At last, any kind of suggestion is welcomed. If you want more information about anything related to playing XI, match info or Dream11, feel free to message us in the ‘contact us’ section. Your suggestions are very valuable.
My Dream11 pick
South Africa: Hashim Amla, Quinton de Kock (wk), Faf du Plessis, AB de Villiers (c), Jean-Paul Duminy, David Miller, Chris Morris, Wayne Parnell, Andile Phehlukwayo, Kagiso Rabada, Imran Tahir, Dwaine Pretorius, Keshav Maharaj, Farhaan Behardien, Morne Morkel.
Sri Lanka: Upul Tharanga, Niroshan Dickwella (wk), Kusal Mendis, Dinesh Chandimal, Angelo Mathews (c), Asela Gunaratne, Thisara Perera, Nuwan Pradeep, Lasith Malinga, Seekkuge Prasanna, Suranga Lakmal, Nuwan Kulasekara, Lakshan Sandakan, Kusal Perera, Chamara Kapugedera.