Weather and Pitch Report
Weather: Cloudy weather with few showers expected during the match. Weather in Caribbean changes very quickly so there is a chance that no rain interruption occur. Maximum temperature is expected to be around 27°C (81 F).
Pitch Report: The Warner park pitch has assisted spinners in the past especially home team’s Imad Wasim exploiting the batsman on this ground in the Caribbean Premier League last year.
In the practice match against West Indies Cricket Board President XI, spinners Mohammad Nabi, Amir Hamza, and Rashid Khan picked up 7 wickets together to win a low scoring match by 12 runs.
- West Indies have recalled the likes of Kieron Pollard, Sunil Narine, and Lendl Simmons for this series. All three will come into playing XI straightaway.
- The pitch assists spinners so they are expected to play both their spinners Sunil Narine and Samuel Badree.
- They can make a surprise move by sending in Sunil Narine as the opener. In that case, Evin Lewis will have to move down the order.
- With the conditions suiting the slower bowlers well, they are expected to play three spinners as they have been doing in the past.
- Usman Ghani is expected to slot in for the opening spot along with Noor Ali Zadran.
- They have tough choice ahead for the fast bowling options. They are likely to go with two pacers from the list of seven – Dawlat Zadran, Karim Janat, Fareed Ahmad, Gulbadin Naib, Shapoor Zadran, Naveen-ul-Haq, and Sharafuddin Ashraf being the contender.
Probable Playing XI: (In the Batting order)
West Indies: Chadwick Walton (wk), Evin Lewis, Marlon Samuels, Lendl Simmons, Kieron Pollard, Jason Mohammed, Carlos Brathwaite (c), Sunil Narine, Samuel Badree, Kesrick Williams, Ronsford Beaton/Jerome Taylor.
Afghanistan: Noor Ali Zadran, Usman Ghani, Samiullah Shenwari, Asghar Stanikzai (c), Najibullah Zadran, Mohammad Nabi, Shafiqullah Shafiq (wk), Karim Janat/Gulbadin Naib, Rashid Khan, Dawlat Zadran/Naveen-ul-Haq, Amir Hamza.
- At the options where players are separated by slash ‘/’, the first player mentioned is the more likely to play.
Dream11 Tips for this Match
- The team I have suggested may not win surely, so try making at least 2-3 teams and include few players that I have missed in ‘My Dream11 pick’.
- Include Lendl Simmons, Samiullah Shenwari, Evin Lewis, Samuel Badree, and Najibullah Zardan in other teams (Don’t include all of them in same team. Make 2-3 changes from previous team).
Captain and Vice-Captain Choices
- Mohammad Nabi, Carlos Brathwaite, Rashid Khan, Kieron Pollard, and Samiullah Shenwari are my top picks for captain and vice-captain. (written in the decreasing order of my choice).
- Sunil Narine can also be a great pick for captain or vice-captain if he opens the inning.
At last, any kind of suggestion is welcomed. If you want more information about anything related to playing XI, match info or Dream11, feel free to message us in the ‘contact us’ section. Your suggestions are very valuable.
My Dream11 pick
West Indies: Carlos Brathwaite (c), Samuel Badree, Ronsford Beaton, Evin Lewis, Jason Mohammed, Sunil Narine, Kieron Pollard, Rovman Powell, Marlon Samuels, Chadwick Walton (wk), Lendl Simmons, Jerome Taylor, Kesrick Williams.
Afghanistan: Asghar Stanikzai (c), Amir Hamza, Dawlat Zadran, Fareed Ahmad, Javed Ahmadi, Karim Janat, Mohammad Nabi, Gulbadin Naib, Najibullah Zadran, Noor Ali Zadran, Rashid Khan, Samiullah Shenwari, Shafiqullah Shafiq (wk), Shapoor Zadran, Usman Ghani, Afsar Zazai, Naveen-ul-Haq, Sharafuddin Ashraf.