Match and Pitch Condition
Weather: Rain is expected to intercept in middle hours of the match so the game is either expected to be washed out or Duckworth-Lewis will come into play.
Pitch Condition: Lord’s pitch has always been on the greener side. So, swing and seam are expected to be on offer for bowlers and given the form of these two batting sides, a score of 300 can be expected.
- Ben Stokes, Moeen Ali, and Chris Woakes have been rested for this match as a precautionary measure to keep them fit for the Champions Trophy.
- Toby-Roland Jones, Liam Dawson, and Steven Finn have been drafted in to replace the trio.
- So, a minimum of two changes is sure in the line-up. Jonny Bairstow and Liam Dawson are likely to come in for Ben Stokes and Moeen Ali.
- They might also rest out of form Jason Roy to give Sam Billings a try.
- Also, David Willey is expected to come in for either Mark Wood or Jake Ball.
- There might be few surprise changes as they have already won the series.
- JP Duminy and Imran Tahir are likely to come in after missing the last match.
- Morne Morkel may also get his first game of the series as this is South Africa’s last game before Champions Trophy.
- Same goes with them too. They might make few surprise changes to try different combinations in a dead rubber.
Probable Playing XI: (In the Batting order)
England: Alex Hales, Jason Roy/Sam Billings, Joe Root, Eoin Morgan (c), Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler (wk), Liam Dawson/Toby Roland-Jones, Jake Ball/Steven Finn, Adil Rashid, Liam Plunkett, David Willey/Mark Wood.
South Africa: Hashim Amla, Quinton de Kock (wk), Faf du Plessis, AB de Villiers (c), Jean-Paul Duminy, David Miller, Chris Morris, Dwaine Pretorius, Wayne Parnell/Kagiso Rabada, Morne Morkel/Andile Phehlukwayo, Keshav Maharaj/Imran Tahir.
- At the options where players are separated by slash ‘/’, the first player mentioned is the more likely to play.
My Dream11 pick
England: Alex Hales, Jason Roy, Joe Root, Eoin Morgan (c), Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler (wk), Adil Rashid, Liam Plunkett, Mark Wood, Jake Ball, Sam Billings, David Willey, Toby-Roland Jones, Liam Dawson, Steven Finn.
South Africa: Hashim Amla, Quinton de Kock (wk), Faf du Plessis, AB de Villiers (c), Jean-Paul Duminy, David Miller, Kagiso Rabada, Imran Tahir, Morne Morkel, Keshav Maharaj, Chris Morris, Dwaine Pretorius, Farhan Behardien, Andile Phehlukwayo, Wayne Parnell.