Match and Pitch Condition
Weather: Weather is expected to be pleasant with maximum temperature around 21°C and no showers are expected.
Pitch Condition: The pitch of Leeds has been full of runs in recent past so expect another high scoring match with two destructive batting lineup playing tomorrow. Also, spinners have enjoyed here occasionally picking up some wickets.
- England will be boosted by the return of Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler, and Chris Woakes from the IPL. These three are expected to come directly into the playing XI.
- Among the bowlers, Jake Ball and Liam Plunkett are likely to be omitted that played last in Ireland ODIs.
- They might also bring in Moeen Ali who was benched in the Ireland ODIs.
- South Africa are likely to play to their strengths so a full strength squad is expected.
- Since this squad as same as of the Champions Trophy, they might change a few of their regular players and give the bench players a try.
Probable Playing XI: (In the Batting order)
England: Alex Hales, Jason Roy, Joe Root, Eoin Morgan (c), Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler (wk), Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, Adil Rashid, David Willey, Mark Wood.
South Africa: Hashim Amla, Quinton de Kock (wk), Faf du Plessis, AB de Villiers (c), Jean-Paul Duminy, David Miller, Chris Morris, Dwaine Pretorius/Keshav Maharaj, Kagiso Rabada, Andile Phehlukwayo/Wayne Parnell, Imran Tahir.
- At the options where players are separated by slash ‘/’, the first one is the more likely option.
My Dream11 pick
England: Alex Hales, Jason Roy, Joe Root, Eoin Morgan (c), Jonny Bairstow, Chris Woakes, Ben Stokes, Moeen Ali, Jos Buttler (wk), Adil Rashid, Liam Plunkett, Mark Wood, Jake Ball, Sam Billings, David Willey.
South Africa: Hashim Amla, Quinton de Kock (wk), Faf du Plessis, AB de Villiers (c), Jean-Paul Duminy, David Miller, Kagiso Rabada, Imran Tahir, Morne Morkel, Keshav Maharaj, Chris Morris, Dwaine Pretorius, Farhan Behardien, Andile Phehlukwayo, Wayne Parnell.