Match and Pitch Condition
Weather: A hot evening awaits these two teams for the final of the tournament. The temperature is expected to be around 34° during the start of the match and gradually decreases as the match progress. Also, no showers are expected so a full game is on the cards.
Pitch Condition: Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium has long boundaries as compared to other grounds in the IPL. The nature of the pitch has been quite mixed this season with the first innings score going past 200 twice and few in the range of 130s.
The first innings score in the seven matches played here this season are – 207, 135, 159, 191, 209, 148, and 138 (starting from the 1st match on this ground) and the team batting first winning five out of seven times.
However, the last match played here was on 08th of May so the pitch is expected to be fresh after 13 days.
The team winning the toss is expected to take the field first.
- RPS is the only team to have won a match at Hyderabad this season. They defended a total of 148 successfully and won by 12 runs.
- RPS holds the edge over Mumbai Indians as they have defeated MI four times in five outings including three out of three this season.
- Rohit Sharma has never lost an IPL final as a captain.
- Ajinkya Rahane has scored 154 runs against Mumbai this season at an average of 51.3 while in the rest of the 12 innings against other opponents, he managed only 184 runs at an average below 17.
Rising Pune Supergiant:
- Players unavailable: Imran Tahir, Ben Stokes, and Faf du Plessis.
- They are expected to go with the same team that beat Mumbai Indians in the 1st qualifier.
- Unavailable players – Jos Buttler and Asela Gunaratne.
- They might bring in Nitish Rana in place of Ambati Rayadu who failed in the last couple of matches.
- Also, they would be watching Mitchell McCleneghan’s injury closely and if he is fit, he likely to come in for Mitchell Johnson or maybe in place of Malinga (he hasn’t been in his form lately).
- Rest of the squad is expected to remain same that won the 2nd qualifier against KKR.
Probable Playing XI: (In the Batting order)
Rising Pune Supergiant: Ajinkya Rahane, Rahul Tripathi, Steven Smith (c), Manoj Tiwary, MS Dhoni (wk), Daniel Christian, Washington Sundar, Lockie Ferguson, Shardul Thakur, Adam Zampa, Jaydev Unadkat.
Mumbai Indians: Lendl Simmons, Parthiv Patel (wk), Rohit Sharma (c), Ambati Rayadu/Nitish Rana, Kieron Pollard, Krunal Pandya, Hardik Pandya, Karn Sharma, Mitchell Johnson/Mitchell McClenaghan, Lasith Malinga, Jasprit Bumrah.
- At the options where players are separated by slash ‘/’, the first one is the more likely option.
My Dream11 pick
Rising Pune Supergiant: Ajinkya Rahane, Mayank Agarwal, Steven Smith(c), MS Dhoni, Rajat Bhatia, Ashok Dinda, Adam Zampa, Shardul Thakur, Jaydev Unadkat, Washington Sundar, Ankush Bains, Ankit Sharma, Jaskaran Singh, Deepak Chahar, Usman Khwaja, Rahul Chahar, Daniel Christian, Lockie Ferguson, Saurabh Kumar, Milind Tandon, Rahul Tripathi, Ishwar Pandey, Manoj Tiwary, Baba Aparajith.
Mumbai Indians: Parthiv Patel, Rohit Sharma(c), Krunal Pandya, Hardik Pandya, Tim Southee, Harbhajan Singh, Lasith Malinga, Jasprit Bumrah, Mitchell Johnson, Jagadeesha Suchith, Shreyas Gopal, Lendl Simmons, Karn Sharma, Mitchell McClenaghan, Kulwant Khejroliya, Krishnappa Gowtham, Kieron Pollard, Ambati Rayadu, Nitish Rana, Siddhesh Lad, Jitesh Sharma, Deepak Punia, Saurabh Tiwary, Nicholas Pooran, Vinay Kumar.