Fixture: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders, Qualifier 2
Time/Date: 02:30 PM GMT/ 08:00 PM Local / 19 May 2017
Venue: M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru
Here we will be talking about the possible scenarios of the match that could help the fantasy players such as Dream11 users to make their Dream team better and help them win big.
Match and Pitch Condition
Weather: Chances of rain are high during the starting hours of the match but it gets better as the match progresses. So, Duckworth-Lewis is likely to come into play.
Pitch Condition: The Chinnaswamy pitch has been sluggish this year. The average first innings score in the seven matches played here is 145. Spinners have been quite successful here while fast bowlers have also enjoyed the success occasionally. Overall the surface helps the bowlers and a score of 150-160 can be considered as par score.
In the eliminator match here, SRH managed only 128/7 runs batting first and fast bowlers accounting for 6 of those wickets.
- Unavailable players – Jos Buttler and Asela Gunaratne.
- They might bring in Nitish Rana in place of Ambati Rayadu who failed in the last match.
- Also, for the 2nd spinner option, they have to choose either Karn Sharma or Harbhajan Singh and the former is likely to get the game.
- Rest of the squad is expected to remain same.
Kolkata Knight Riders:
- Unavailable players – Manish Panday, Shakib Al Hasan, and Chris Woakes.
- Manish Pandey has been ruled out of IPL 2017 due to a side strain.
- For the 2nd spin option, it will be toss up between Kuldeep Yadav and Piyush Chawla. Piyush Chawla is more likely to get the chance because of his IPL experience.
- Apart from that, rest of the squad is expected to be same.
Also Read: Ireland vs Bangladesh, 4th Match Preview
Probable Playing XI: (In the Batting order)
Mumbai Indians: Lendl Simmons, Parthiv Patel (wk), Rohit Sharma (c), Ambati Rayadu/Nitish Rana, Kieron Pollard, Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Karn Sharma/Harbhajan Singh, Mitchell McClenaghan, Lasith Malinga, Jasprit Bumrah.
Kolkata Knight Riders: Sunil Narine, Chris Lynn, Gautam Gambhir, Robin Uthappa, Ishank Jaggi, Yusuf Pathan, SuryaKumar Yadav, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Trent Boult, Piyush Chawla/Kuldeep Yadav, Umesh Yadav.
- At the options where players are separated by slash ‘/’, the first one is the more likely option.
My Dream11 pick
Mumbai Indians: Lendl Simmons, Parthiv Patel (wk), Rohit Sharma (c), Kieron Pollard, Ambati Rayadu, Krunal Pandya, Hardik Pandya, Harbhajan Singh, Nitish Rana, Mitchell Johnson, Jasprit Bumrah, Karn Sharma, Lasith Malinga, Shreyas Gopal, Nicholas Pooran, Vinay Kumar, Mitchell McClenaghan, Siddhesh Lad, Jagadeesha Suchith, Jitesh Sharma, Deepak Punia, Saurabh Tiwary, Krishnappa Gowtham, Kulwant Khejroliya, Tim Southee.
Kolkata Knight Riders: Robin Uthappa (wk), Gautam Gambhir (c), Chris Lynn, Ishank Jaggi, Yusuf Pathan, Colin de Grandhomme, Trent Boult, Kuldeep Yadav, Ankit Rajpoot, Piyush Chawla, Suryakumar Yadav, Sayan Ghosh, Darren Bravo, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Rishi Dhawan, Sheldon Jackson (wk), Sunil Narine, Ramsingh Yadav, Rovman Powell, Umesh Yadav.