Match and Pitch Condition
Weather: The weather is expected to be pleasant with the temperature will be hovering around 30°C. Also, there are very slight chances of showers but that’s very unlikely,
Pitch Condition: The Wankhede pitch has been batting friendly this season and same is expected again. The pitch assists the spinner a bit in the first innings with dew coming into effect during the 2nd inning. In the last match here, KXIP amassed 230 runs and Mumbai Indians almost chased it down falling short of just 7 runs. So, this should tell the nature of the pitch. The team winning the toss is expected to bowl first.
- Unavailable players – Jos Buttler.
- Mumbai Indians are expected to return to their regular squad after checking their bench strength in the last match.
- However, they might retain Ambati Rayadu from the set of six players. Nitish Rana could be the likely omission.
- Also, Harbhajan Singh, Jasprit Bumrah Lasith Malinga, and Mitchell McCleneghan are also expected to be back.
- For the 2nd bowling option, it will be a toss up between Karn Sharma and Krunal Pandya will latter is likely to get the chance as he brings depth in batting.
Rising Pune Supergiant:
- Players unavailable: Imran Tahir, Ben Stokes, and Faf du Plessis.
- In place of Ben Stokes, they are expected to include Lockie Ferguson. They have another option in Usman Khwaja to boost up batting but that’s less likely as it will decrease their bowling option.
- Rest of the squad is expected to remain the same.
Our app for blog, IPL schedule, and teams– Click Here
Probable Playing XI: (In the Batting order)
Mumbai Indians: Lendl Simmons, Parthiv Patel (wk), Ambati Rayadu/Nitish Rana, Rohit Sharma (c), Kieron Pollard, Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya/Karn Sharma, Harbhajan Singh, Mitchell McClenaghan, Lasith Malinga, Jasprit Bumrah.
Rising Pune Supergiant: Ajinkya Rahane, Rahul Tripathi, Steven Smith (c), Manoj Tiwary, MS Dhoni (wk), Daniel Christian, Lockie Ferguson/Usman Khwaja, Washington Sundar, Shardul Thakur, Adam Zampa, Jaydev Unadkat.
- At the options where players are separated by slash ‘/’, the first one is the more likely option.
My Dream11 pick
Mumbai Indians: Parthiv Patel, Ambati Rayadu, Rohit Sharma(c), Kieron Pollard, Krunal Pandya, Hardik Pandya, Harbhajan Singh, Lasith Malinga, Jasprit Bumrah, Mitchell Johnson, Shreyas Gopal, Lendl Simmons, Vinay Kumar, Mitchell McClenaghan, Nitish Rana, Siddhesh Lad, Jagadeesha Suchith, Tim Southee, Jitesh Sharma, Deepak Punia, Saurabh Tiwary, Nicholas Pooran, Karn Sharma, Asela Gunaratne, Krishnappa Gowtham, Kulwant Khejroliya.
Rising Pune Supergiant: Ajinkya Rahane, Mayank Agarwal, Steven Smith(c), MS Dhoni, Rajat Bhatia, Ashok Dinda, Adam Zampa, Shardul Thakur, Jaydev Unadkat, Manoj Tiwary, Baba Aparajith, Ankush Bains, Ankit Sharma, Ishwar Pandey, Jaskaran Singh, Deepak Chahar, Usman Khwaja, Rahul Chahar, Daniel Christian, Lockie Ferguson, Saurabh Kumar, Milind Tandon, Rahul Tripathi, Washington Sundar.