Fixture: Ireland vs New Zealand, 2nd Match
Time/Date: 09:45 AM GMT/ 10:45 AM Local / 14 May 2017
Venue: The Village, Dublin
Here we will be talking about the possible scenarios of the match that could help the fantasy players such as Dream11 users to make their Dream team better and help them win big.
Match and Pitch Condition
Weather: There are chances of showers in tomorrow’s match too but it is not as threatening as it was in the match. So, a game is possible but the full game is very unlikely. Duckworth-Lewis is expected to come into play.
Pitch Condition: The pitch of Dublin cricket ground assists pace and movement so fast bowlers will come into play. The ball comes nicely on the bat and the outfield makes it a good batting pitch. In the last match, there was good movement with the new ball but as the innings progressed, Tamim Iqbal and Mahmudullah scored runs easily.
- Ed Joyce missed the last match due to injury so if he is fit, he is likely to cone in for Stuart Thompson.
- Also, Barry McCarthy gave 43 runs in 6 overs so might make way for Craig Young.
- Rest of the squad is expected to remain same.
- Latest In: Jeetan Patel is still with his county team Warwickshire and has not joined the New Zealand squad.
- New Zealand will be focussing ahead on the champions trophy and they are likely to play most players who are part of the Champions Trophy.
- In the practice match against Ireland Wolves, Luke Ronchi opened the innings with Tom Latham and hit a brisk 21-ball-41 in 25 overs match and they are likely to stick with the same combination.
- Since the pitch was on the greener side in the last match, they are expected to play only one spinner. It could be either Mitchell Santner or Ish Sodhi.
- Among the pacers, Seth Rance is the likely starter. They have to choose two more from these three – Scott Kuggeleijn, Hamish Bennett, and Neil Wagner.
Match against Ireland Wolves: Practice Match link and Information
Our app for blog, IPL schedule, and teams– Click Here
Probable Playing XI: (In the Batting order)
Ireland: Ed Joyce/Stuart Thompson, Paul Stirling, William Porterfield(c), Andrew Balbirnie, Niall O’Brien(w), Gary Wilson, Kevin O’Brien, George Dockrell, Tim Murtagh, Barry McCarthy/Craig Young, Peter Chase.
New Zealand: Luke Ronchi(w), Tom Latham(c), Neil Broom, Ross Taylor, James Neesham, Colin Munro, George Worker, Mitchell Santner, Seth Rance, Neil Wagner, Hamish Bennett/Scott Kuggeleijn.
- At the options where players are separated by slash ‘/’, the first one is the more likely option.
My Dream11 pick
Ireland: Ed Joyce, Paul Stirling, William Porterfield(c), Andrew Balbirnie, Niall O’Brien(w), Gary Wilson, Kevin O’Brien, George Dockrell, Barry McCarthy, Tim Murtagh, Peter Chase, Simi Singh, Stuart Thompson, Craig Young.
New Zealand: George Worker, Tom Latham(c), Henry Nicholls, Ross Taylor, Neil Broom, Luke Ronchi(w), Scott Kuggeleijn, James Neesham, Jeetan Patel, Colin Munro, Seth Rance, Mitchell Santner, Hamish Bennett, Ish Sodhi, Neil Wagner.