Match and Pitch Condition
Weather: The temperature will be hovering around 30°C and there is also a slight chance of showers but it won’t affect the play much.
Pitch Condition: The pitch of Eden Gardens has assisted the pacers this season and expect it to be of same nature. The average first innings score is 162 this season on this ground.
With the batting line-up both teams have, a high scoring game can be expected. The team winning the toss is expected to bowl first as dew comes into effect in the 2nd half.
Mumbai Indians are most likely to finish in the top two even if they lose this match as long as the defeat margin is not very large. A win for Kolkata Knight Riders will make sure that they will also finish in the top two.
Kolkata Knight Riders:
- Unavailable players – Shakib Al Hasan.
- There is no clarity over Nathan Coulter-Nile’s fitness. He is most likely to miss out today’s game too.
- Yusuf Pathan’s form would be a concern for the hosts. They might look to bring in Suryakumar Yadav or Ishank Jaggi in place of him.
- For the 2nd spin option, it will be toss up between Kuldeep Yadav and Piyush Chawla.
- Apart from that, rest of the squad is expected to be same.
- Unavailable players – Asela Gunaratne.
- There is a chance that Krunal Pandya may come in for Karn Sharma but that’s less likely as Karn Sharma has been performing well.
- Apart from that, no more changes are expected in the team that fielded in the last match.
Our app for blog, IPL schedule, and teams: Link – http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.usualdev.ipl2017schedule
Probable Playing XI: (In the Batting order)
Kolkata Knight Riders: Sunil Narine, Chris Lynn, Gautam Gambhir, Robin Uthappa, Manish Pandey, Yusuf Pathan, Colin de Grandhomme, Chris Woakes, Kuldeep Yadav/Piyush Chawla, Ankit Rajpoot, Umesh Yadav.
Mumbai Indians: Lendl Simmons, Parthiv Patel(wk), Nitish Rana, Rohit Sharma(c), Kieron Pollard, Hardik Pandya, Karn Sharma, Harbhajan Singh, Mitchell McClenaghan, Lasith Malinga, Jasprit Bumrah.
- At the options where players are separated by slash ‘/’, the first one is the more likely option.
My Dream11 pick
Kolkata Knight Riders: Robin Uthappa, Gautam Gambhir(c), Manish Pandey, Chris Lynn, Yusuf Pathan, Colin de Grandhomme, Ishank Jaggi, Chris Woakes, Trent Boult, Kuldeep Yadav, Piyush Chawla, Suryakumar Yadav, Sunil Narine, Ankit Rajpoot, Rishi Dhawan, Sheldon Jackson, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Darren Bravo, Sayan Ghosh, Ramsingh Yadav, Rovman Powell, Umesh Yadav.
Mumbai Indians: Parthiv Patel, Ambati Rayadu, Rohit Sharma(c), Jos Buttler, Kieron Pollard, Krunal Pandya, Hardik Pandya, Harbhajan Singh, Lasith Malinga, Jasprit Bumrah, Mitchell Johnson, Shreyas Gopal, Lendl Simmons, Vinay Kumar, Mitchell McClenaghan, Nitish Rana, Siddhesh Lad, Jagadeesha Suchith, Tim Southee, Jitesh Sharma, Deepak Punia, Saurabh Tiwary, Nicholas Pooran, Karn Sharma, Krishnappa Gowtham, Kulwant Khejroliya.