Match and Pitch Condition
Weather is expected to be clear during the course of the match.
Pitch Condition: The wicket of the Eden Garden have pace and bounce so pacers are expected to come into play. The team winning the toss has mostly opted to bowl first here and if the last two matches are anything to go by, the team winning the toss would want to bowl first.
170-180 is expected to be par score here. KKR have won their games on this ground in this season.
The last time these two teams met in the 3rd match of this edition of the IPL, KKR demolished GL by thrashing them with a margin of 10 wickets thanks to Chris Lynn’s 93 and Gautam Gambhir’s 76 in a run chase of 184. They did it with 31 balls to spare.
Much to the relief of GL fans, Chris Lynn won’t be playing today’s match. Although it won’t be easy for GL to beat KKR who are on a roll. KKR has lost only 1 match in the 5 matches they have played while GL has won only 1 match in the 5 matches they have played.
Kolkata Knight Riders:
- After winning three consecutive matches, they are unlikely to make any changes.
- It would be interesting to see if they go with Nathan Coulter-Nile who performed great in the last match or go back to Trent Boult.
- They might bring in Shakib Al Hasan in place of Colin de Grandhomme after the latter did not have any great outing in the two matches he has played.
- For the visiting team, Dwayne Bravo might be back for today’s important clash. If he is fit, Aaron Finch is expected to make way for him.
- Ravindra Jadeja’s form would be a worry for the camp and they would want him to get back in form sooner.
- On a pacy wicket, Shivil Kaushik is expected to be replaced by Praveen Kumar.
Our app for blog, IPL schedule, and teams: Link – Playstore: IPL schedule and Blog
Probable Playing XI: (In the Batting order)
Kolkata Knight Riders: Gautam Gambhir, Robin Uthappa, Manish Pandey, Yusuf Pathan, Shakib Al Hasan/Colin de Grandhomme, Suryakumar Yadav, Chris Woakes, Sunil Narine, Kuldeep Yadav, Nathan Coulter-Nile/Trent Boult, Umesh Yadav.
Gujarat Lions: Brendon McCullum, Dwayne Smith, Suresh Raina(c), Dinesh Karthik, Ishan Kishan, Dwayne Bravo/Aaron Finch, Ravindra Jadeja, Andrew Tye, Praveen Kumar, Dhawal Kulkarni, Basil Thampi.
My Dream11 pick
Kolkata Knight Riders: Robin Uthappa, Gautam Gambhir(c), Manish Pandey, Chris Lynn, Yusuf Pathan, Colin de Grandhomme, Ishank Jaggi, Chris Woakes, Trent Boult, Kuldeep Yadav, Piyush Chawla, Suryakumar Yadav, Sunil Narine, Ankit Rajpoot, Rishi Dhawan, Sheldon Jackson, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Darren Bravo, Sayan Ghosh, Ramsingh Yadav, Rovman Powell, Umesh Yadav, Shakib Al Hasan.
Gujarat Lions: Brendon McCullum, Jason Roy, Suresh Raina(c), Dwayne Smith, Dinesh Karthik, Ishan Kishan, James Faulkner, Praveen Kumar, Dhawal Kulkarni, Shivil Koushik, Shadab Jakati, Aaron Finch, Nathu Singh, Akshdeep Nath, Pradeep Sangwan, Andrew Tye, Jaydev Shah, Manpreet Gony, Munaf Patel, Chirag Suri, Basil Thampi, Shubham Agarwal, Tejas Baroka, Pratham Singh, Shelley Shaurya, Ravindra Jadeja, Dwayne Bravo.