- MI have won six out the seven head-to-head matches against RCB at the Chinnaswamy Stadium – the most by any team at opponent’s home venue in IPL.
- Virat Kohli scored 11 fifties in 16 innings last season in IPL and MI is the only team against whom he failed to go past fifty even once.
- 33, 7 and 18 – Virat Kohli’s last three innings against Mumbai Indians.
- RCB is boosted by the return of their regular skipper Virat Kohli. He will take over the reign from Shane Watson.
- The biggest issue for would be to play either Chris Gayle or Billy Stanlake as their 4th overseas player. If they go with Gayle, Aniket Chaudhary might come to accompany Tymal Mills.
- Ambati Rayadu is still not fit to play. There is no clarity over when he will be back.
- After three lackluster performance of Mitchell McCleneghan, Mumbai is expected to bring in Mitchell Johnson in place of McCleneghan.
My Dream11 pick
Royals Challengers Bangalore: Chris Gayle, Virat Kohli (c), AB de Villiers, Mandeep Singh, Vishnu Vinod (wk), Travis Head, Shane Watson, Kedar Jadhav, Sachin Baby, Stuart Binny, Pawan Negi, Yuzvendra Chahal, Tymal Mills, Sreenath Aravind, Samuel Badree, Harshal Patel, Aniket Chaudhary, Iqbal Abdulla, Praveen Dubey, Tabraiz Shamsi, Billy Stanlake, Adam Milne, Avesh Khan.
Mumbai Indians: Parthiv Patel (wk), Rohit Sharma(c), Ambati Rayadu, Jos Buttler, Kieron Pollard, Krunal Pandya, Hardik Pandya, Harbhajan Singh, Lasith Malinga, Jasprit Bumrah, Mitchell Johnson, Shreyas Gopal, Lendl Simmons, Vinay Kumar, Mitchell McClenaghan, Nitish Rana, Siddhesh Lad, Jagadeesha Suchith, Tim Southee, Jitesh Sharma, Deepak Punia, Saurabh Tiwary, Nicholas Pooran, Karn Sharma, Asela Gunaratne, Krishnappa Gowtham, Kulwant Khejroliya.