Fixture: United Arab Emirates vs Papua New Guinea, 1st T20I Match
Time/Date: 06:00 AM GMT / 10:00 AM LOCAL, 12 April 2017
Venue: Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
Here we will be talking about the possible scenarios of the match that could help the fantasy players such as Dream11 users to make their Dream team and help them win big.
Match and Pitch Condition
Weather: A typical day in Dubai weatherwise. A dry day with the maximum temperature around 35-40°C is expected.
Pitch condition: Sheikh Zayed Stadium is known for its slow and low pitch. Spinners get a significant amount of assist from the pitch and they are likely to come into play.
In the recently concluded three-match ODI series between these two nations, UAE came out on top winning it by a margin of 2-1. The team winning the toss is expected to bat first as the pitch gets slow in the latter half of the innings.
- In the recently concluded ODI series, UAE captain scored 185 runs in three innings and picked up 6 wickets with his off-spin.
- His counterpart Assad Vala wasn’t at his best as he aggregated 45 runs in three innings and picked up 6 wickets with his off-spin.
- Imran Haider ran through the PNG batting lineup with his leg break and picked up 8 wickets.
- Among UAE batsmen who scored well in the ODIs are Ghulam Shabber and Rameez Shahzad, who scored 132 runs and 124 runs respectively in three innings.
- Among the PNG batsmen, openers Vani Morea and Tony Ura were in good touch and scored 120 and 107 runs respectively in three innings.
- In the 3rd ODI, Rohan Mustafa achieved a rare feat of scoring a hundred and picking up a five-wicket haul. Only the third player to do so in ODI.
Probable Playing XI: (In the Batting order)
United Arab Emirates: Rohan Mustafa, Mohammad Shahzad, Shaiman Anwar, Rameez Shahzad, Mohammad Usman, Amjad Javed, Ghulam Shabber, Mohammad Naveed, Ahmad Raza, Imran Haider, Zahoor Khan.
Papua New Guinea: Tony Ura, Vani Morea, Lega Siaka, Assad Vala, Dogodo Bau, Sese Bau, Mahuru Dai, Jack Vare, Norman Vanua, Alei Nao, John Reva/Chad Soper/Hiri Hiri.
My Dream11 pick
United Arab Emirates: Rohan Mustafa (c), Mohammad Qasim, Shaiman Anwar, Rameez Shahzad, Mohammad Usman, Amjad Javed, Ghulam Shabber (wk), Mohammad Naveed, Adnan Mufti, Ahmad Raza, Imran Haider, Laxman Sreekumar, Mohammad Shahzad, Zahoor Khan, Qadeer Ahmad.
Papua New Guinea: Tony Ura, Vani Morea, Lega Siaka, Assad Vala (c), Dogodo Bau, Sese Bau, Mahuru Dai, Jack Vare (wk), John Reva, Norman Vanua, Alei Nao, Chad Soper, Willie Gavera, Pipi Raho, Nosaina Pokana, Hiri Hiri, Charles Amini.