Fixture: West Indies vs Pakistan, 2nd ODI
Time/Date: 01:30 PM GMT/ 09:30 AM Local / 09 April 2017
Venue: Providence Stadium, Guyana
Here we will be talking about the possible scenarios of the match that could help the fantasy players such as Dream11 users to make their Dream team and help them win big.
Match and Pitch Condition
Weather: A Humid day with very slight chances of the shower and some scattered clouds.
Pitch Condition: To everyone’s surprise, the pitch as not anything like as expected. The pitch of Province Stadium is usually on the slower side but in the last match, it was better for batsmen. Expect the pitch to be of same nature again.
If the same pitch is used that was used in the last match, the pitch might slow up.
- They are likely to go unchanged after winning the last ODI.
- There are concerns over Chadwick Walton’s form but West Indies team management might want to give him another chance.
- Pakistan’s fast bowling trio went for a lot of runs. The combined figure reads as 171-3 in 23 overs. They have two pacers warming the bench in Fahim Ashraf and Junaid Khan. Junaid hasn’t in greatest of forms recently. They would want to bring either one of them in place of Wahab Riaz or Hasan Ali.
- Mohammad Asghar might get the nod ahead of Imad Wasim.
Probable Playing XI: (In the Batting order)
West Indies: Evin Lewis, Chadwick Walton, Kieran Powell, Shai Hope (wk), Jason Mohammed, Jonathan Carter, Jason Holder (c), Ashley Nurse, Devendra Bishoo, Alzarri Joseph, Shannon Gabriel.
Pakistan: Ahmed Shehzad, Kamran Akmal, Mohammad Hafeez, Babar Azam, Shoaib Malik, Sarfraz Ahmed (c/wk), Imad Wasim, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Amir, Wahab Riaz, Hasan Ali.
- Jason Mohammad: He is in ominous touch lately with the bat and he could also chip in some overs with his handy off-spin.
- Kieran Powell: He was selected after some strong domestic performances. He justified his selection by scoring a solid 50 in the last match.
- Ashley Nurse: He is an uncanny customer with the ball and a good hitter in the lower order.
- Babar Azam: He had a rare failure to his name in recent times and he would be raring to go big in the 2nd match.
- Mohammad Hafeez: He seemed to be comfortable during his batting which could mean his return to the form. He is also more than handy with the ball in hand
My Dream11 pick
West Indies: Evin Lewis, Chadwick Walton, Kieran Powell, Shai Hope (wk), Jason Mohammed, Jonathan Carter, Jason Holder (c), Ashley Nurse, Devendra Bishoo, Alzarri Joseph, Shannon Gabriel, Rovman Powell, Miguel Cummins.
Pakistan: Ahmed Shehzad, Kamran Akmal, Babar Azam, Mohammad Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, Sarfraz Ahmed (c/wk), Imad Wasim, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Amir, Wahab Riaz, Hasan Ali, Fakhar Zaman, Junaid Khan, Mohammad Asghar, Asif Zakir, Fahim Ashraf.